Saturday, July 19, 2008

A week of VBS at FBC in ELD


Wow! What an exciting week for both my church family and my personal family. We had Vacation Bible School this past M-F and what a week it was. Our (my) whole family was involved in VBS: Collin attend for his last year; Adam was one of the actors in the skits; Tamra was an assistant in the fifth grade class; and I assisted in the Middle school class and drove a church van to pick up kids each day. The best thing about the whole week was seeing the kids, on Thursday, make first time decisions to bring Christ into their lives - I believe there were 29 total decisions made to follow Christ. Now that is awesome!! The kids also had a mission project and collected enough money to purchase two motorcycles for Pastors in Liberia so they can make better use of their time, instead of spending so much time walking from place to place for their ministry. Again, an awesome deal. As a result, both of our associate pastors will be losing some hair - Pastor Dave shaves his head and Pastor Jim shaves his goatee. (I'll include photos of that in my next posting after I take them Sunday.)
I may have good news! I cleaned my Bluebird nest out and have been noticing that a pair of Blues have been hanging around the house again. This morning I saw the mail enter the house several times, so I'm hoping another nest is pending. I'm taking no chances and am covering the post with plastic guards and taking some other "precautions" against the sparrows.


Have you noticed the moon lately? Talk about a creation miracle. There have been some beautiful moon rises the last few nights. I've been working nights at the Lake this past week, so I've really been able to enjoy them. I also experimented with a different setting on my camera and caught a neat sunset - something different anyway (See photo).

Adam also finished his latest summer art project (See photo). It's his rendition of a life sized LeBron James. Adam spent about a week on it and I think it turned out pretty good. I'm probably a bit biased though.


Collin's latest endeavour is turning the house into a drum rehearsal hall. He is borrowing a trap set from a friend so he can improve his drumming skills for the youth praise band at church. He's kind of a natural at it. I still think it comes from "Uncle" Ernest.

Continue to pray for the VBS kids who just committed their lives to Christ. We'll be following up with them and covet your prayers. Also pray for our Escape concert, featuring DOWNHERE, Sonlit, and the Butler Brothers. It's this coming Saturday, 7/26, at 7 p.m. at the Walnut River Amphitheater at El Dorado Lake. It's free, so bring your kids and prepare to be blessed!!


Again, to blessed to be stressed!



Randy






3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GREAT!!! Especially enjoy the pictures of those precious grandsons of ours. Good job Adam, on the "poster", you did fantastic. And Collin, you're going to be an "absolute" on those drums. Trust me!

Kevin F. said...

Nothing more gratifying that seeing young people make a decision for Christ!! Now the tough part starts for them as they enter back into the real world with all it's pressures and temptations. Pray for their young souls that they may grow and thrive in God's love and grace.

Got to get your boys to Chrysalis!!

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know that I am caught up on your blog. I thoroughly enjoyee it. The sad thing is...I have to find out what has been going on from your blog since we've been so busy to communicate! Love you, Tam