Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Camouflage??


Sorry it's been so long since I updated this. The face book thing has pulled me away. I' ve been debating weather or not to totally convert over, but haven't decided yet.


If you've seen my Facebook page, you might have seen the picture of the killdeer eggs we have in the driveway nest. Yes, I did say nest in the driveway. Killdeer are ground nesters and they rely on one single factor to allow the eggs and nest to survive and make it to hatching. That one factor is camouflage. The eggs match their surroundings so well, that predators don't see them....most of the time, that is. Something did happen to two of the four eggs in the driveway nest.


This got me to thinking about my life. How often do I sit back and blend into my surroundings - camouflaged, if you will? I mean, do people realize that I am not of this world and I don't want to be the same as it seems the world is sliding? I want people to know that I'm a Christian! I want them to know that I'm different. But I don't want them to think I'm weird or a fanatic, Do you know what I mean. Can anyone else relate?


I'm getting better at this as I get older, but why does it take so long? Because of the gift our Lord gave to us, we should be jumping for joy! We shouldn't care what the rest of the world

thinks!


So.......how bout it. Are you ready to join me in shedding the camouflage and putting on the neon???

No comments: