Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Sacrifice?

We had a missions conference at our church this past weekend. There were 12 different sets of missionairies there, who present the Gospel in many different countries. It's incredible how these people have given to a walk that requires them to sacrifice so much.

I've been thinking about that lately. How is my walk? Am I giving and sacrificing for the sake of spreading the Gospel? At times, I think I do pretty good! I mean I have to alter my personal schedule once in a while and even miss out on "important" personal events as a sacrifice!

Could I be doing more? What is the meaning of sacrifice and being a "missionary" for God?

Romans 12:1 & 2 says, "And so dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice - the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him. Don't copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God's will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect."

Have a great week!

1 comment:

T Just said...

i've been a little convicted of that lately as well. i often wonder if i'm not stepping out enough when things seem to be going hunky dorey. i think about the disciples and the persecution they had to go through. obviously it was a different culture, but we all know that being a Christian is countercultural