Thursday, February 19, 2009

It's All in the Perception

Snow Creek


I got back Monday from a ski trip with our church youth group. Where did we go, you ask? How' Missouri grab ya? Yep, Missouri. Believe it or not, there's a small ski area just a bit north of the KCI Airport outside of the town of Weston, MO called Snow Creek. It has 12 labeled runs and 6 lifts, counting the rope lift. Sound interesting?
Collin on the lift


Well, we had a small portion of our youth group wanting to go skiing, but none of us had much of a budget. So we found out about Snow Creek and then got an inside rate on motel rooms near the airport, and away we went. I had my doubts about the area, and I had convinced myself that I was just really along to help chaperon anyway.

Guess what! I was pleasantly surprised! For man made snow, the skiing was really pretty decent. The temps were just right and it was busy but not overly crowded. Only Collin and I got to go (out of our family) and we both had a great time. There were people from several states there, including MO, LA, OK, TX, Iowa, & KS; some other countries also.
FBC Youth


We found out that Snow Creek was a great place for people to learn to ski; a good place for skiers to refresh their skills; or just a neat little place to go and save money. I guess it's just like other things in life. It's all in how you perceive it!
Collin & Yours Truly






No comments: