Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Remember the Hippies





Funny title to a blog, eh? Well, I'll let you know what it's like, but on Thursday and Friday of this week I go to Clinton State Park at Lawrence to work the Wakarusa Festival. It's kind of a modern day Woodstock, or so I'm told. It could be interesting. Emmylou Harris and The Flaming Lips are on the top of the lineup if that gives you any indication. Wow!

I thought I'd show you our pets here at the Windy Knob Ranch. The pictures are those taken out back. Pretty "wild", huh? The deer were taken right before sunrise with the night vision setting on my camera. The pesky "goats" were in our yard fetching themselves a free meal! And how about that long haired, long snouted "kitty cat" by the rose bush? Actually that's an opossum - not known for it's intelligence. It has the smallest brain, proportionally to it's body size, compared to any other mammal. So don't feel bad if you can't remember something.
Tamra found a pet box turtle in the driveway. It didn't stick around too long. Then there's those little hummingbirds. They have taken to the feeders that we have up and are they fast. We enjoy watching them.

So enjoy the rest of the week and say an extra prayer for me and the "hippies". Again, we're too blessed to be stressed!
Randy

No comments: