Saturday, May 24, 2008

"Just" not another Blog!


Well, this is it - my first attempt at blogging. I see this blog as a blend of personal, professional, and Spiritual happenings in my life. Please show me a little grace, as I have never done this before. If you have suggestions, as well as constructive criticism, feel free to contact me. (If you have negative thoughts or criticism, send it to my brother's blog....just kidding.)

I want to represent my family, my Sunday School class, a little educational cool Ranger Stuff,and some edifying thoughts in general with this blog. (If that's not what you're looking for here, push a button and make me disappear....have a blessed day!)

I'm sitting here alone (Tamra and Collin are in Lyons visiting grandparents and Adam is working) with the radio on and listening to the song, "We Will Glorify." Pretty cool stuff, especially where it says the Great I AM. It's unbelievable to think that the great I AM cares enough about us to consider our every thought and every move. Why would he do that for lousy old me? That's just too awesome if you think about it!

We had a mini-monsoon this morning (Sat.) about 1:30 a.m. We only received about an inch, but it came down in buckets full. I was out at the Lake, thrilled that the nasty stuff went around us. We're praying to get through the weekend with no major perils. The worst so far was an injured 12 year old boy who decided to ride his bike down the dam (straight down - the whole way). We did also have a water rescue for two canoeists, but they were not hurt. (PTL for life jackets/PFDs). Continue to pray for the safety of our Ranger staff and the general public, as many of them have acquired the "Lake Disease" (this is where they disengage their brain once they get onto Park and Lake property).

We're studying the Holy Spirit in our Sunday School class (New Foundations). If you would like, tell me what the Holy Spirit means to you. I bet there are some interesting thoughts on this subject. Please remember to pray for various items/people in our class. I'll list requests from time to time to remind you. For now: 1)Peggy W's Dad and his health and Peggy dealing with it; 2) KC & Ness traveling and helping with wedding; 3) Our recent graduates; 4) Tamra's Dad, Robert, who is recovering from back surgery; 5)Jeanna S's speaking engagements, etc. 6) Pastor Dave's ministry and assorted challenges for his family and 7) Pastor Jim (and Julie), our new youth pastor. If you have requests to add, please let me know.

Lastly, I'll leave you with a photo of a recent sunrise at our house. There were some gulls flying over our house at the Windy Knob Ranch (that's what Tamra and I call it here) right when I was out taking sunrise photos. If you look at it, you have to think that only God could orchestrate such a sight. I mean, I just can't see that these gulls evolved from apes/whales or whatever else those Darwinists would like us to think. That sunrise could not have evolved from anything - only the great I AM could have painted that picture.

Well, this is it. What do ya think? Have a great day and remember.... we're too blessed to be stressed! Thanks for viewing!
Randy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good Job!

T. J. said...

good stuff uncle. glad to see you've joined the blog world. i'll put you on my google reader to keep up...

the holy spirit...that which is within us that is truly who we are. I see the holy spirit as God working to make us into the person he designed us to be through counsel, conviction, and constant conversation with God. the holy spirit is mysterious and beautiful. i wish i was more in tune to him.

P.R.JUST said...

Ah yes, the blog world. Good stuff. Regarding the Holy Spirit, I liked what one guy said about the Trinity:

Father - God for us
Son - God with us
Spirit - God in us

Now it's up to you to work all that out.

PeggySue said...

Randy ~ the new blog is GREAT! Your INSIGHT into God's OUTSIDE is wonderful... will look forward to future postings!

Thanks for all for prayers for me and Dad... he is working HARD at physical therapy.

Be Blessed! ><>